Friday, August 20, 2010

Moms Need "Getting Things Done"

Hello!  My name is April Perry.  I am a mother of four, and I run a website called The Power of Moms, which is designed to help mothers grow themselves, build each other, and shape the future.

A few years ago, I wrote an article called, "You Can Be Organized," based on the best-selling book Getting Things Done, by David Allen, and even though we only had a few hundred moms visiting our site at the time, over 1300 women read that one article.

Then, with the encouragement of my husband, Eric, and my website co-director, Saren, I put together a program called "Mind Organization for Moms," which helps women apply the GTD principles to their busy lives as mothers.

Within a few months, hundreds of women were using the program, I began teaching the system at Power of Moms Retreats, and I put together an even simpler version of my M.O.M. program--designed specifically for busy mothers (i.e.; EVERY mother).

Currently, I blog at www.powerofafamily.blogspot.com, but since so many of my posts lately seem to be related to Getting Things Done, I thought it deserved its own blog.  So here it is.  I see big things coming...and I also see a little two-year-old eating snacks next to me while I type.

More later, but I at least wanted to record my first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment